Administered and maintained a medium to large scale SharePoint deployment (.NET framework) for a large sub-prime mortgage lender in Anaheim Hills, California. Responsible for the administration and maintenance of 7 portals and hundreds of team sites that included site provisioning, content management and administration, security and tier 2/3 level support for 3,000+ employees.
Developed 2-day course and trained Content Managers on SharePoint Portal Server and Windows SharePoint Services.
Running SharePoint Server 2007/2010 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 on home servers; utilizing SharePoint Designer to build and customize web pages.
- Create and manage sites, user accounts, permissions, filters and content.
- Manage, maintain, and support SharePoint systems to ensure maximum uptime.
- Provide day-to-day support including but not limited to: site collections, sites, master pages/templates, pages, web parts, content types, lists, libraries, workflows and navigation.
- Install hotfixes, upgrades and patches.
- Incorporate industry-based standards and best practices into an operational manual used to educate the business on general usage of SharePoint, communicate policies and procedures, and provide appointed SharePoint site owners with learning resources.
- Communicate with users on a daily basis to resolve business problems through the use of SharePoint and associated technologies.
- Research, evaluate, test, and recommend software solutions supporting SharePoint and IIS.
- Establish procedures to ensure performance, design standards, security, backups, administration, and Disaster Recovery procedures meet corporate standards.
- Contribute to departmental strategic planning through research, documentation, and presentation as directed by management.
- Administer, monitor, secure, and configure Internet/Intranet IIS web sites and web services.
- Strong ability to manage multiple customers, priorities and projects.
- Experience administering Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2003 implementations with separate staging and pre-production environments
- Able to build, deploy, administer, troubleshoot, and provide day-to-day support
- Troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- Performed multiple MOSS 2007 and SharePoint Server 2010 implementations (home servers) and understand how to configure the document management and scheduling functionality
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s current Office SharePoint Server 2007 platform and supporting technologies
- Technical knowledge of Windows Active Directory domains/group policies, Server farm design concepts, including Windows Operating System domain models, security and associated applications
- Proficient knowledge with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge in networking, databases, systems, and Web operations
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN concepts and fundamentals (TCP/IP, UDP, and routing protocols)
- Working knowledge of DNS, Internet Infrastructure, and IP informational tools
- Experience with Internet Information Server 6.0
- Experience with Front Page and Sharepoint Designer