Experience in a technical writing or lead writing role ensuring publications are clearly described through the right types of documentation, code samples, guides, and tools. Have the ability to transform technical information into concepts, procedures, and tasks.
Research, write, lay-out, edit and revise policy and procedure documentation, software help files, tutorials, training material, user’s manuals, installation guides and other instructional materials.
Experience estimating, chartering and planning efforts for new projects; providing technical publications functional expertise, including project management and people leadership, tools skills and knowledge of current industry concepts.
Possess a technical background that enables me to easily interact with subject matter experts and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
- Experience in managing projects across teams
- Knowledgeable using multiple documentation tools to develop base templates and manipulate output styles
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Proven experience designing documentation for software APIs
- Proactive attitude to resolve problems and deliver results
- Experience with XML-based publishing systems
- Experience with web services and related technologies
- Extensive experience developing on-line help content
- Experience writing policy and procedure documentation
- Experience reading/analyzing regulation documents
- Experience creating process and workflows
- Experience developing course material
- Experience delivering training
- Self-starter; can work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills with emphasis on customer service
- Previous experience working in an agile programming environment
- Technical writing certificate